Our policies are provided in summary below and in the attached documents which can be opened and printed for your information.
You will be asked to sign to say you have read and agree with the Little Green Farm policies and procedures.
You will be asked to sign a copy of the client services agreement and veterinary release for us to keep on record.
You need to complete the required pet information document (which includes emergency contacts).
It will save time when you drop your pet off (or when we pick up) if you have read, completed and signed the following four documents beforehand.
Little Green Farm policies
Little Green Farm required pet information
Little Green Farm client services agreement
Little Green Farm veterinary instructions and release
Adobe reader is needed for these documents which can be downloaded from here.
Remember to bring with you for drop off:
- Vaccination certificate and confirmation of spay/neuter (exceptions below).
- Photo ID (for you)
- Details of who will be picking up the animal
- Any special diet/medication
- You may also bring a clean blanket, bed, crate and or toys etc that your pet is particularly fond off (optional as everything is supplied).
Remember to bring with you for pick up:
- Photo ID (for you)
- Payment is by cheque (with photo ID) or cash ONLY.
- Charges are per day/night
- You may drop off in the morning or afternoon slots with no difference in price.
- If you pick up in the afternoon you pay for the following night.
- Payment is required in full (including GST/HST and all agreed extras) before the animal can be released.
Pet specific information:
- We like to have full details of your pet's age, breed, likes, dislikes and usual routine. We will do our best to follow this routine and accommodate all needs.
- We require contact details for yourself and any other emergency contacts to ensure we can follow up quickly in case of problems or concerns.
- Please ensure we know all your pet's potential behavioural problems so that we can ensure we are able to devote enough time and individual attention to them.
- We reserve the right to refuse aggressive or non-social animals or those with special needs that we cannot accommodate.
Vaccination, spaying and neutering:
- We generally only accept fully vaccinated animals - we believe this is the best way to ensure the health and welfare of all our boarders.
We require that your dog is up to date for the combined distemper vaccine and Bordetella (kennel cough).
We require your cat to be up to date for the general combined feline vaccine (RCCP).
- Please bring your up to date vaccination certificate with you each time you drop off your dog or cat.
- Unfortunately we can generally only accept spayed/neutered animals (unless they are fully vaccinated puppies).
- Non-spayed/neutered animals may cause too much disruption to other occupants in a boarding kennel but check beforehand if we can accommodate your needs.
- We require up to date contact information for your regular veterinarian.
- We will be asking you to sign over care of your animal to us.
- We reserve the right to contact our own veterinarian if we are at all concerned about your pet's health.
- We will do our best to consult you prior to engaging veterinary care but, in either case, you will need to agree to be responsible for any veterinary bills incurred during our care of your animals.
- In the case of an emergency you will need to accept that care of your animal is the priority and we may not have opportunity to contact you first.
Security and legal requirements:
- We will not accept/release animals without being absolutely sure who is dropping off/collecting your pet. Photo ID may be requested for the person dropping off and for the person picking up.
- We will do the best we can to keep your animal safe and well. However, owners must understand that accidents and illness can happen to any animal at any time no matter how much care and attention is paid to them.
- Little Green Farm Pet Hotel (and the owners personally) cannot be held responsible for unforseen problems while caring for your pet. We will ask you to sign our legal document to confirm you understand this.